7/12/2016

I tried Juice Cleanse

I finally tried juice cleanse!
I've read a lot about it, but I've never felt ready to get into it.
Two weeks ago I decided to give it a chance.
I knew people usually do it for a period of time between 3 days to even 20 days, so I chose to try juice cleanse for 5 days.
For the first day nothing particular happened, I wasn't starving, I really didn't need any solid food and I felt like the other days.
The second day was different, I felt out of energy and tired from when I woke up in the morning to the night. At first I felt disappointed because I couldn't believe myself that weak, but then I remembered my body was trying to get rid of many toxins it needed to throw away. I just let the day pass.
When I woke up the third and the fourth day I felt incredible, energized and more productive. I went out for a run in the morning and I just worked better all day.
The fift day was the last one, so I decided to step up on the scale to see what changed and in only one week I lost 1 kg (4 pounds), which was not the reason why I tried juice cleanse, in fact I wouldn't recommend it to lose weight because (this is just how I felt about it) it was something out of my control.
In the end this is an incredible experience everyone should do to "get closer" to their bodies.
I began to recognize how my body react to different situation and how it cleans itself, it is beautiful.
Being aware of how much your body is incredible will motivate you to take better care of it.

Tips:
  • Listen to your body, it knows what it needs
  • Stay hydrated to let the body work
  • If you are starving and you can't resist, don't force yourself to keep going, gradually stop juicing and return to solid food

What I used:
  • Orange juice
  • Lemon juice
  • Carots and apple juice
  • Peach juice
  • Spinach and apple juice
  • Celery and fennel juice
Most of them are homemade and the others are 100% organic.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment